SANJEL ENERGY REDUCES CEMENTING COSTS ON SURFACE, INTERMEDIATE AND PRODUCTION STRINGS IN THE VIKING
The Viking formation in Alberta and Saskatchewan is a diverse, light oil play with varying depths and drilling challenges depending on the specific area. Formation lithology can be diverse, varying between sandstones, siltstones and shales, with certain pockets prone to gas migration and surface casing vent flows.
Part of the profitability of the Viking formation is that in many areas its wells are relatively shallow, reducing drilling costs. However, the low well temperatures that are inherent with shallow wells can make it difficult to get ideal cementing properties. This can be further complicated when a clay-rich area is being drilled, potentially affecting the cement bond quality.
Sanjel Energy delivers a two-prong solution to the unique challenges of the Viking formation. Its SURFACEmix family of blends reduces the cost of surface cementing without incurring any additional rig time while PRODUCTIONmix has a range of blends at variable densities for low-temperature wells, making it the optimal solution for all areas of the Viking play.
Additional capabilities include:
- Premium permanent clay control chemistry for formation control in the lateral, displacement water, spacer or lead cement for uphole formations
- Optimized blends for lateral isolation and fracturing containment
- Lowered cementing costs on surface, intermediate and production strings
- Optimized regional blends from the Redwater area to SW Saskatchewan for gas migration and lost circulation areas
- Improved bond logs in shallow wells reducing surface casing vent flows
- Excellent multistage fracturing outcomes in shallow formations