High-Pressure High-Temperature Wells (HTHP)
Solving the complex needs of your geothermal wells.
High-pressure, high-temperature wells are often abbreviated to ‘HTHP,’ whether the well has one or both of a higher-than-average temperature or pressure. These types of wells require a heightened level of advanced planning and execution due to the increased complexity of cementing at elevated temperatures and pressures.
Sanjel Energy is uniquely positioned to provide successful solutions for cementing under these conditions. From lab testing, pressure simulations, and pumping equipment, through to collaborating with managed pressure services, we understand the exceptionally sensitive nature of these environments and what it takes to complete HTHP projects successfully.
Sanjel Energy’s Solutions for hthp wells
Cement Placement Between Fracturing & Pore Pressure Gradients
- Visweep DM IS – Thermally stable spacer capable of being mixed at high densities for HTHP wells
- Access to leading simulation software to accurately design and predict cementing pressures mud displacement performance
- Proven and robust pumping equipment with accurate density delivery at high pressures
- Close peer collaboration with providers of toe ports, fracturing sleeves, drilling fluids and liner hanging tools to ensure seamless cross-functioning operations
Effective Isolation & Completions
- Suite of thermally stable cements for different drilling fluid properties and completion activities
- Drilling fluid thickening additives to improve fracturing isolation and improve hydrocarbon production
- Synchronization with managed pressured services to successfully navigate narrow ECD windows
- Chemical technology to prevent cement stringers as well as provide corrosion, bacteria, clay and shale swelling control in the displacement fluid left in the lateral
Well Integrity to Surface
- Gas blocking additives to eliminate flow between formations and from reaching the surface
- Lightweight cement options to ensure the target cement top is achieved
- Lost circulation technologies for the spacer and cement - see Formation Filming Agent
Lab & Engineering
Aided by Sanjel Energy’s suite of lab equipment for preparing and testing cement slurries and advanced simulation software, our engineers convert lab results into well pressure profiles, delivering a complete data profile of the well. With this data in hand, our cementing experts can address complex wellbore challenges, identifying the pumping equipment horsepower and pressure requirements necessary to execute the job safely and efficiently.
Sanjel Energy’s Complexity Matrix
A key part of our project process is applying Sanjel Energy’s Complexity Matrix. The Complexity Matrix is an innovative, proprietary well evaluation system that aligns the optimum experience level and resources to a job profile. The degree of testing, peer reviews, equipment checks, and redundancies increase with the job's complexity. Our goal is to ensure every aspect of a job has been discussed, analyzed and reviewed, and that appropriate procedures and contingencies are in place.